READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE BROWSING THE SITE. USING THE SITE INDICATES THAT YOU HAVE BOTH READ AND ACCEPTED THESE TERMS. YOU CANNOT USE THE SITE OR ANY PART THEREOF IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS.
If you object to any such modifications, your sole recourse shall be to cease using the Site. Continued use of the Site or any part thereof following notice of any such modifications indicates you acknowledge and agree to be bound by the modifications. Also, please know that these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of the Site or on the sites of our partners. Such expressly designated legal notices or terms are incorporated into these Terms and supersede the provision(s) of these Terms that are designated as being superseded.
By using the Site, you agree that you are at least 18 years of age, or if you are under 18 years of age (a “Minor”), that you are using the Site with the consent of your parent or legal guardian and you have received your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use the Site and agree to these Terms. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a Minor, you agree to bind the Minor to these Terms and to fully indemnify and hold us harmless if the Minor breaches any of these Terms. Access to certain content may be subject to additional age restrictions and not available to all users of the Site.
In these Terms we are granting you a limited, personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to access, use and to display the Materials on the Site for your personal, non-commercial use when using the Site; your right to use the Materials is conditioned on your compliance with these Terms. You may not distribute, publicly display, publicly perform or otherwise use the Materials outside the Site. You have no other rights in the Site or any Materials and you may not modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit the Site or any of the Materials in any manner. If you make copies of any of the Materials then we ask that you be sure to keep on the copies all of our copyright and other proprietary notices as they appear on the Site.
Unfortunately, if you breach any of these Terms, the above license will terminate automatically and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed Materials (and any copies thereof).
USING THE SITE.
You need not register with the us to simply visit and view the Site, but you are responsible for complying with these Terms when you access and use the Site. It is your responsibility to obtain and maintain all equipment and services needed for you to access and use the Site as well as paying related charges.
By using the Site (or any part thereof), you consent to receiving electronic communications from us (including, if you have opted in, via text message). These electronic communications may include notices about applicable fees and charges, transactional information and other information concerning or related to the Site. These electronic communications are part of your relationship with us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing. Standard carrier data charges may apply to your use of text messaging and you are solely responsible for such charges.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES.
We think links are convenient, and we provide links on the Site to third-party websites. If you use these links, you will leave our Site. We are not obligated to review any third-party websites that you link to from the Site, we do not control any of the third-party websites, and we are not responsible for any of the third-party websites (or the products, services, or content available through any of them). Thus, unless specifically stated on the Site, we do not endorse or make any representations about such third-party websites, any information, software, products, services, or materials found there or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to from the Site, you do so entirely at your own risk and you must follow the privacy policies and terms and conditions for those third-party websites.
YOU AGREE THAT SMASH WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY GOODS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, RESOURCES AND/OR CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH ANY THIRD-PARTY SITES AND/OR THIRD-PARTY DEALINGS OR COMMUNICATIONS, OR FOR ANY HARM RELATED THERETO, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSS CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED BY OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OR RELIANCE ON THE CONTENT OR BUSINESS PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD-PARTY.
USER PROVIDED CONTENT.
Certain areas of the Site may permit you to upload or submit information, images, video, data, text, messages, or other materials (each, a “User Submission”). You agree that you are solely responsible for all of your User Submissions and that any such User Submission is considered both non-confidential and non-proprietary. Further, we do not guarantee that you will be able to edit or delete any User Submission you have submitted.
By submitting any User Submission, you are promising us that:
- You own all rights in your User Submission (including, without limitation, all rights to the reproduction and display of your User Submission) or, alternatively, you have acquired all necessary rights in your User Submission to enable you to grant to us the rights in your User Submission as described in these Terms;
- You have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other financial obligations, of any kind, arising from any use or commercial exploitation of your User Submission;
- Your User Submission do not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- You voluntarily agree to waive all “moral rights” that you may have in your User Submission;
- Any information contained in your User Submission is not known by you to be false, inaccurate, or misleading;
- Your User Submission does not violate any law (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising);
- Your User Submission is not, and may not reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously, or otherwise biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, or corporation, vulgar, pornographic, obscene, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- You were not and will not be compensated or granted any consideration by any third party for submitting your User Submission;
- Your User Submission does not incorporate materials from a third-party website, or addresses, email addresses, contact information, or phone numbers (other than your own);
- Your User Submission does not contain any viruses, worms, spyware, adware, or other potentially damaging programs or files;
- Your User Submission does not contain any information that you consider confidential, proprietary, or personal; and
- Your User Submission does not contain or constitute any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation.
By submitting a User Submission, you grant to us an irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide, royalty-free license (sublicensable through multiple tiers) to:
- Use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform, and publicly display your User Submissions (or any modification thereto), in whole or in part, in any format or medium now known or later developed;
- Use (and permit others to use) your User Submission in any manner and for any purpose (including, without limitation, commercial purposes) that we deem appropriate in our sole discretion (including, without limitation, to incorporate your User Submission or any modification thereto, in whole or in part, into any technology, product, or service);
- Display advertisements in connection with your User Submissions and to use your User Submissions for advertising and promotional purposes.
We may, but are not obligated to, pre-screen User Submissions or monitor any area of the Site through which User Submissions may be submitted. We are not required to host, display, or distribute any User Submissions on or through the Site and may remove at any time or refuse any User Submissions for any reason. We are not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage of any kind to any User Submissions. Further, you agree that we may freely disclose your User Submission to any third party absent any obligation of confidence on the part of the recipient.
To be clear, we authorize your use of the Site only for individual, personal purposes (“Permitted Purposes”). Any other use of the Site beyond the Permitted Purposes is prohibited and, therefore, constitutes unauthorized use of the Site. This is because as between you and Smash, all rights in the Site remain our property.
Unauthorized use of the Site may result in violation of various United States and international copyright laws. Unless you have written permission from us stating otherwise, you are not authorized to use the Site in any of the following ways (these are examples only and the list below is not a complete list of everything that you are not permitted to do):
- for any public or commercial purpose which includes use of the Materials on another site or through a networked computer environment;
- in a manner that modifies, publicly displays, publicly performs, reproduces or distributes any of the Site;
- in a manner that violates any local, state, national, foreign, or international statute, regulation, rule, order, treaty, or other law;
- to stalk, harass, or harm another individual;
- to impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- in a manner that infringes any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or privacy rights of any other person;
- to interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site;
- to harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users of the Site;
- to use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods in connection with the Site; or
- to attempt to circumvent any content filtering techniques we employ or to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the Site or any other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Site, whether through hacking, password mining, or any other means.
You agree to indemnify and hold Smash and its officers, employees, directors and agents harmless from any from any and all losses, damages, expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, costs, awards, fines, damages, rights, claims, actions of any kind and injury (including death) arising out of or relating to your use of the Site, your violation of these Terms or your violation of any rights of another. You alone are responsible for any violation of these Terms by you or by anyone using your account. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and, in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos of Smash (“Our Trademarks”) used and displayed on various parts of the Site are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of Smash. Other company, product, and service names located on our sites may be trademarks or service marks owned by others (the “Third-Party Trademarks”, and, collectively with Our Trademarks, the “Trademarks”). Nothing in these Terms should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Trademarks, without our prior written permission specific for each such use. Use of the Trademarks as part of a link to or from any site is prohibited unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by us in writing. All goodwill generated from the use of Our Trademarks inures to our benefit.
Unless otherwise specified in these Terms, all Materials, including the arrangement of them on the Site are our sole property, or the property of our suppliers and licensors. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Except as otherwise required or limited by applicable law, any reproduction, distribution, modification, retransmission, or publication of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner or license.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and encourage you to do the same. Accordingly, we have a policy of removing User Submission that violates intellectual property rights of others, suspending access to the Site (or any portion thereof) to any user who uses the Site in violation of someone’s intellectual property rights, and/or terminating in appropriate circumstances the account of any user who uses the Site in violation of someone’s intellectual property rights.
Pursuant to Title 17 of the United States Code, Section 512, we have implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed copyright infringement and for processing such claims in accordance with such law. If you believe your copyright or other intellectual property right is being infringed by a user of the Site, please provide written notice to our agent for notice of claims of infringement: Kirk.Butts@smashmytrash.com
To be sure the matter is handled immediately, your written notice must:
- Contain your physical or electronic signature;
- Identify the copyrighted work or other intellectual property alleged to have been infringed;
- Identify the allegedly infringing material in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material;
- Contain adequate information by which we can contact you (including postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address);
- Contain a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material or other intellectual property is not authorized by the owner, the owner’s agent or the law;
- Contain a statement that the information in the written notice is accurate; and
- Contain statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or other intellectual property right owner.
Unless the notice pertains to copyright or other intellectual property infringement, the agent will be unable to address the listed concern.
Submitting a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Counter-Notification
We will notify you that we have removed or disabled access to copyright-protected material that you provided, if such removal is pursuant to a validly received DMCA take-down notice. In response, you may provide our agent with a written counter-notification that includes the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which we may be located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
Termination of Repeat Infringers
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate the account or access of any user of the Site who is the subject of repeated DMCA or other infringement notifications.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
THE SITE AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS”, AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THEIR USE IS WITH YOU. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY) WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND MATERIALS, WHICH INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTIES AGAINST VIRUSES, SPYWARE OR MALWARE THAT MAY BE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE AND/OR MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE AND/OR MATERIALS, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE, AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, ACTIONS, OR FAILURE TO ACT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE OR FROM US OR OUR SUBSIDIARIES/OTHER AFFILIATED COMPANIES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. WE DISCLAIM ALL EQUITABLE INDEMNITIES.
YOU ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY AND ALL DECISIONS OR TRANSACTIONS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PURCHASES OR OTHER TRANSACTIONS) YOU MAKE IN THE COURSE OF USING THE SITE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT (A) USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK; AND (B) SMASH AND ITS THIRD-PARTY SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INTERRUPTION IN USE OF THE SITE, DELAYS OR ERRORS CAUSED BY ANY USER’S USE OF THE SITE, OR ANY PART THEREOF.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
YOU ARE USING THE SITE AND MATERIALS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR DISPLAYING, COPYING, OR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS TO OR FROM THE SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, EXTRAORDINARY, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES, USE, OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE, HOWEVER ARISING, EVEN IF WE KNOW THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, USE, OR DISTRIBUTION OF USER SUBMISSIONS BY THIRD PARTIES. IN NO EVENT WILL OUR LIABILITY EXCEED THE GREATER OF $100 AND THE AMOUNTS YOU PAY US FOR USE OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE SITE.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SITE, AND WITH OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE THEREOF. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE DO NOT MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THIRD PARTY CONTENT OR THE STATEMENTS OF USERS OF THE SITE. YOU AGREE TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH ANY PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE, PARTICULARLY IF YOU MEET OFFLINE OR IN PERSON. WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY USER OF THE SITE AND ALL OTHER THIRD PARTIES.
LOCAL LAWS; EXPORT CONTROL.
We control and operate the Site from our headquarters in the United States of America and the entirety of the Site may not be appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use the Site (or any portion thereof) outside the United States of America, you are solely responsible for following applicable local laws.
Any comments, questions, suggestions or other feedback (collectively, “Feedback”) you provide to us through any communication whatsoever (e.g., call, letter, fax, email) will be treated as both non-confidential and non-proprietary. You hereby assign all right, title, and interest in, and we are free to use, without any attribution or compensation to you, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property and proprietary rights contained in the Feedback, whether or not patentable, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, having manufactured, licensing, marketing, and selling, directly or indirectly, products and services using such Feedback. Where the foregoing assignment is prohibited by law, you hereby grant us an exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid up license (including the right to sublicense) to use and exploit all Feedback as we may determine in our sole discretion. You understand and agree, however, that we are not obligated to use, display, reproduce, or distribute any such ideas, know-how, concepts, or techniques contained in the Feedback, and you have no right to compel such use, display, reproduction, or distribution.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Smash reserves the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to terminate your license to use the Site and to block or prevent your future access to and use of the Site, including but not limited to where we reasonably consider that: (a) your use of the Site violates these Terms or applicable law; (b) you fraudulently use or misuse the Site; or (c) we are unable to continue providing the Site to you due to technical or legitimate business reasons. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, your only remedy with respect to any dissatisfaction with: (i) the Site (ii) any term of these Terms; (iii) any policy or practice of Smash, or (iv) any content or information transmitted through the Site, is to discontinue use of any and all parts of the Site.
We prefer to advise you if we feel you are not complying with these Terms and to recommend any necessary corrective action. However, certain violations of these Terms, as determined by us, may result in immediate termination of your access to the Site without prior notice to you. Indiana state law and applicable U.S. federal law, without regard to the choice or conflicts of law provisions, will govern these Terms. Foreign laws do not apply. The United Nations on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and any laws based on the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (UCITA) shall not apply to these Terms. Any disputes relating to these Terms or the Site will be heard in the courts located in Hamilton County in the State of Indiana. If any of these Terms is found to be inconsistent with applicable law, then such term shall be interpreted to reflect the intentions of the parties, and no other terms will be modified. Our failure to enforce any of these Terms is not a waiver of such term. These Terms are the entire agreement between you and Smash and supersede all prior or contemporaneous negotiations, discussions or agreements between you and Smash about the Site. The proprietary rights, disclaimer of warranties, representations made by you, indemnities, limitations of liability and general provisions shall survive any termination of these Terms.
If you have any questions about these Terms or otherwise need to contact us for any reason, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website and the franchise sales information contained herein do not constitute an offer to sell a franchise. The offer to sell a franchise can only be made through the delivery of a franchise disclosure document. Currently, the following states regulate the offer and sale of franchises: California, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. Moreover, we will not offer or sell franchises in those states until we have registered the franchise (or obtained an applicable exemption from registration) and delivered the franchise disclosure document to the prospective franchisee in compliance with applicable law. RESIDENTS OF NEW YORK: This advertisement is not an offering. An offering can only be made by a franchise disclosure document filed with the Department of Law of the State of New York. Such filing does not constitute approval by the Department of Law of the State of New York. RESIDENTS OF MINNESOTA: MN Franchise Registration Number F-10336.
© 2023 Smash Franchise Partners, LLC. All Rights Reserved.